WHAT WE OFFER
To put it simple: we can provide a variety of communications and media solutions for NGOs and companies. A large part of this is content writing for external communications and drafting texts for internal use. Through freelance assignments you can transfer some of your work and get assistance from experienced professionals.
Assignments could include:
● Advice on communications and corporate profiling
● Writing and editing press releases, website content, newsletters, and speeches
● Producing video interviews for use on websites
● Advice on management policies
● Writing and editing internal documents, including intranet content, newsletters, human resources policies, job profiles, governance code, code of ethics, and developing organograms.
HOW WE WORK
The first step is to understand the objectives of you as our client and be your sounding board: what are you hoping to achieve and what has been achieved. When it concerns external communications and profiling we will ask you to share your views on new communications needs and what should change. We will do a reality check: what is the distance between the perceived and actual results of the existing communications activities and strategy. How can we bridge this gap with you and achieve the goal of getting the right message across to relevant partners and stakeholders. We map out what communications means and media have been used so far (publications, newsletters, websites, social media) and how these activities can be used supporting and building on each other to get the maximum result. With this inventory in place we can propose a set of activities and share our views on how we can add value to your organisation. Together we can break down the activities into elements and decide on what could be outsourced and what specific assistance this would require.
When it concerns internal communications, management and policies we will help you to define what exactly should be formalised and communicated regarding governance and (people) management in your organisation. We can produce drafts for policies and other management documents. We can also help you to communicate internally and clarify the why, who, and what of new practices that are put in place.
WHO WE ARE
With Synchronous we represent more than 25 years in international publishing, in the communication market and general company management. Our work for international publishing houses, NGOs and companies has given us a wealth of experience that can be used by our clients.
Wisse Hettinga has gained his experience working for a variety of international companies: in education, with VNU Business Publications (in Amsterdam and London), Dutch Mountains (private media/communications company) and Elektor International Media. In total he has more than 25 years of experience in publishing and communication. Wisse is native speaker Dutch and fluent in English.
Overview of main roles and functions:
- Editor in Chief of a variety of Technical and NGO titles (The Netherlands)
- International Management for International Publishing house (VNU Business Publications, London)
- Managing Director VNU Internet portal (The Netherlands)
- Interim Team leader Communications department of the Protestant Church of The Netherlands
Henriette Hettinga has some 25 years of experience in an international environment (both corporate, NGO and non-profit organisations), working as an advisor on management and organisational matters including people management. She is a versatile writer and experienced editor and translator, near native speaker English and fluent in French and German. Some of the organisations she has worked in are:
- European Centre for Development Policy Management as Senior Adviser Management;
-ECDPM as Head of Human Resources, and as Head of Programme Young International Professionals Programme
- Global Reporting Initiative as Management Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
- Royal Haskoning/DHV (International engineering and project management) as internal manager of the Management Consultancy unit
Both are Dutch nationals and have lived in the United Kingdom for several years and in India for shorter periods of time. Travels for business as well as training purposes in the past years have included Tanzania, South Africa, the U.S., China, India and various European countries.